Tuesday, February 26, 2008

We're Getting the Band Back Together!

Well, well, well. Just when I thought that the Avs were done dealing, now we get word that tough as nails Adam Foote will be joining the squad along with Pedro.

Good gravy!

Somebody get Patty on the phone. And while we're at it, why not ring up The Messiah, Ricci, Keane, Claude, Podein, Jake and Elwood Blues, Curtis Lechishnmannsncchhinninn,

*excuse me*

and Theo Fleury's AA counselor!

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

So what are we supposed to make of this?
I had preached before that the Avs needed a people mover...well they just got one. Albeit, two years slower and older, but man oh man! Few guys in the league short of Rob Blake (who wouldn't waive his NTC the last time I looked) would have worked and voila!

The Avs got their hammer back.

I think the only thing that could make me happier is if my champion college intramural team, The Iron Mullets, all landed at the University of Colorado rec center this evening.

So many memories...so much flannel...

Okay, so the Avs now sport the likes of:

(Note: I'm not making out lines on purpose. As I've learned from The Q, it is somehow important to only have one functioning, cohesive top line while allowing the other guys to figure out the rest, but I digress...)

Sakic, Stastny, Smyth, Forsberg, Hejduk , Arnason, Ben Guite (whodathunkit) and about 64 3rd liners, AND the scarecrow from the Wizard of OZ: Wojtek Wolski

...if he only had a brain...

On the back end they get more stout with Foote, Sauer, Hannan, Leopold, Liles, Cumiskey and now Ruslan Salei...for some reason...AND play in front of a not so jittery as he used to be, Jose Theodore.

From the looks of it, if everyone can come together and magically become healthy the Avs might be able to make a run. Over the last month or so they have managed to play as a unit, albeit a nifty four line grinding unit featuring Marek Svatos, but they did come together.

Now all we can hope for is that the old guard can somehow fit in...and play well...and stay healthy...and get along...and stay healthy...

This is going to be interesting.

No comments: